Newable is the Data Controller for personal data about clients, event attendees, newsletter subscribers or when sending marketing material, which you expect to receive or have consented to receive. Newable collects different types of personal data about clients to:
- provide the services that you have consented or contracted to receive;
- market its products and services; and,
- process recruitment records.
Newable will also collect anonymised statistics to improve its website.
2. Your Rights
As an individual whose personal data is processed by Newable, you have the right to:
- be informed (which is the purpose of this Privacy Notice);
- access the data Newable holds about you;
- object to direct marketing (by contacting Newable at the address below or by email to email@example.com);
- object to any processing carried out on the basis of legitimate interest (to undertake the service that you would expect or in line with a contract);
- request erasure of data Newable holds about you (in some circumstances, this may not be possible if Newable has a legal obligation to retain it); and,
- request that your data be restricted or blocked from processing.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) includes a right for individuals to have inaccurate personal data rectified or completed if it is incomplete. An individual can make a request for rectification verbally or in writing and Newable has one calendar month to respond to a request.
To exercise any of these rights, write or email your request to Joanne Wilkinson, Data Protection Officer at the address below or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be required to provide sufficient information for Newable to satisfactorily identify you.
Newable will confirm to you that inaccurate personal data has been rectified or completed if it is incomplete.
3. Contacting You
Newable will only contact you if you’ve asked to be contacted or if your contact details are featured in a third party contact list, in which you’ve been included by consent. You have the ability to opt-out of being contacted by Newable at any point.
You will receive telephone or emails from Newable if you have contacted us using an online contact form.
Newable also engages in business to business marketing activity.
4. Storing Your Data
Newable will store your data securely and do its utmost to protect your data and privacy using suitable security technology.
Newable may contract with third parties to process your data on its behalf and they will do so in accordance with our principles and instructions and not for any other purpose.
Newable will ensure that any third parties used in connection with the running of its website and services (for example, hosting providers) act according to its strict contractual obligations.
5. Changes to this Policy
Newable will publish any changes to this policy on this website.
Where the changes to this policy are significant, Newable may also choose to email all of its registered users with the new policy.
Newable will collect anonymised statistics using cookies and pixels.
A cookie is a small computer file containing letters and numbers, which a website may send to a user’s computer to improve their experience.
- collect anonymised data about the number of visitors to its website (and pages), so that it can improve the website and ensure that content is easy to find and engaging; and,
- remember preferences for text size and colour, for example.
For information on controlling cookies visit:
A pixel is a small tracking image inserted into some of our marketing and communications to track engagement.
Newable uses pixels to:
- collect anonymised data about the number of times an email has been opened and read (if at all), so that it can determine the impact of specific email campaigns; and,
- collect anonymised data about when an email has been opened and read and the type of device used, so that it can better understand the customers it serves.
For information on pixels and other web beacons visit:
7. Anonymised Data
Newable will only share anonymised data or anonymised and aggregated data about its users with advertisers or other third parties.
8. Security Procedures
The GDPR requires Newable to follow strict security procedures when storing and disclosing information that you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access.
Newable will not sell, trade or rent your personal information.
Newable may provide aggregated data about its customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third parties but this data will never include personally identifying information.
Data processors given access to your data to provide services on behalf of Newable are subject to contractual restrictions to ensure that your data is protected. Your data will not be used independently by any such third party.
Newable reserves the right to access and disclose personally identifying information about you to comply with applicable laws, to comply with lawful government requests, to operate its systems properly and to protect its users.
9. Legal Information under the GDPR
For the purposes of the GDPR, Joanne Wilkinson is the Data Protection Officer for Newable Limited and can be contacted at:
Newable Limited, 140 Aldersgate Street, London, EC1A 4HY, United Kingdom.
Alternatively, you can email email@example.com.
Any queries regarding Newable’s use of data and its data policies should be addressed to the Data Protection Officer.
Newable Limited is registered in England under registration number 1653116.
10. Your Right to Complain
If you think that there is a problem with the way Newable handles your data or if you have a complaint, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.